Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August Breakfast

One of the things I really love about August is the fruit that's in season. I love that you can buy fresh Ontario peaches and fresh Ontario blueberries, both of which are usually juicy, sweet, and delicious. Recently, on a whim, I decided to cut up a peach put it with some blueberries into an already-cooked bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, and I discovered that the end result was almost sort of kind of like fresh fruit pie or crumble. I mean, yes, it's obviously not pie or crumble, but it's much, much better for my blood sugar than actual pie or crumble, and I still get to savour some of the delights of the season in a medium other than whole fruit (which I also love -- don't get me wrong).

Also, I bought my first basket of Ontario yellow plums the other day. So excited!

Also also, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies rock my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment